Oh boy, we've got a big one for you this time. Brace yourselves:
Hashnode is partnering with the one and only Netlify for our latest hackathon! 🔥
First, they raised the standards for the developer experience in app deployment.
Now they're raising the stakes in a major way for our ongoing hackathon series!
Netlify is an all-in-one platform for automating modern web projects. Replace your hosting infrastructure, continuous integration, and deployment pipeline with a single workflow.
Integrate dynamic functionality like serverless functions, user authentication, and form handling as your projects grow.
Millions of developers use Netlify to ship faster, simplify their workflows, and scale effortlessly.
About the Hackathon
During the month of February, we want to see you build an open-source app and deploy it on Netlify. Publish an article on your Hashnode blog about the process of building and launching your app for a chance to win one of 15 massive cash prizes!
If this is your first time using Netlify, you'll soon see that it's super smooth for launching your apps with minimal configuration.
And as you dig in deeper and add more functionality, you'll find a vast array of features and tools to streamline your build processes and scale with less friction.
How to Participate
Because Netlify is a suite of deployment tools, the nature of this hackathon is more open-ended than many others we've hosted in the past.
- Sign up for a free Netlify account.
- Build an open-source app using your favorite language/tool/framework and deploy it on Netlify.
- Publish an article about your app on your Hashnode blog.
- Don't forget to add the #Netlify and #NetlifyHackathon hashtags to your article! This is how we know who's in.
- Share your article on social media—be sure to tag @hashnode and @netlify so we can spread the love!
Why You Should Participate 🥳
- It's a fun opportunity to earn the recognition you deserve for your skills!
- Documenting & sharing what you learn is a great way to cement your knowledge.
- You can turn your ideas into reality by deploying your apps with Netlify.
- You'll be able to get feedback and help from the developer community.
- Employers look favorably upon hackathon participants—this is a fantastic way to gain practical experience launching real apps!
Suggestions for Apps to Build
This is by no means comprehensive! The following list is just intended to get your imagination warmed up:
Dev tools—the only things developers love more than developing (and coffee) are tools that make their jobs easier. Consider ways you could solve specific problems that devs face from day to day.
Productivity—there may be some overlap with dev tools in this category, but general productivity apps will have broader appeal beyond the tech community. How can you help someone accomplish their goals more efficiently?
Entertainment—there's more to life than work, right?! Give us something fun and interesting to do in our free time, to take our minds off of the hustle and grind.
Social—We are always seeking new ways to forge more meaningful social connections. What could you build to help folks from different communities come together and share with one another?
5 Grand Prizes
- $2000 USD or equivalent gift card
10 Runner Up Prizes
- $1000 USD or equivalent gift card
- Hashnode participation badge for your blog
Evaluation Criteria 🔍
Projects will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Product Thinking: Usefulness of the project be in a real-world scenario. Completeness of the features implemented.
- UI/UX: The overall look, layout, color usage, and positioning in the application.
- Code: Quality (clean code, proper naming conventions, use of linter); use of best practices.
- Completeness of the article: The blog should cover all aspects of your project. What inspired you to create this project? What problem does the project address? How did you build it?
- Comprehensibility: Try to avoid esoteric jargon in your article. Use simple language to convey your thoughts.
Important Dates and Rules
Feb 1st, 2022 (00:00 UTC): Hackathon begins.
Feb 28th, 2022 (23:59 UTC): Deadline for submissions.
Early March, 2022: Winners will be announced.
By participating in this hackathon, you agree to the rules laid out here. Please read them carefully before proceeding. All projects submitted in this hackathon should be open source with MIT or other standard open-source licenses.
👋 Interested in hosting a hackathon on Hashnode?
Hashnode is one of the fastest-growing tech blogging communities for sharing knowledge on the internet. These Hackathons allow DevTools and API companies to promote their products among a growing community of software developers.
Fill out this form if your company is interested in partnering with Hashnode for a Hackathon.