Hey Hashnoders 👋, we've decided to continue the strike for the 3rd month in a row with another huge hackathon. Presenting to you the Hasura x Hashnode Hackathon! 🎉
Hasura offers instant GraphQL APIs for your data within minutes for free! Run Hasura, locally or in the cloud, and connect it to your new or existing databases to instantly get a production-grade GraphQL API.
- Is compatible with all GraphQL tooling
- Works with Postgres and SQL Server
Hasura’s built-in RLS style authorization engine allows you to conveniently specify authorization rules at a model level, and safely expose the GraphQL API to developers inside or outside your organization. 🔐
About The Hackathon 🎒
Build an open-source app or APIs using Hasura. Publish an article on your Hashnode blog about the process of building and launching your app for a chance to win one of 15 cash prizes!
If this is your first time using Hasura, there is a well-written and comprehensive documentation available to help you.
Hasura makes data access easy, by instantly composing a GraphQL API that is backed by databases and services so that the developer (or API consumers) get immediately productive.
How to Participate 📄
- Sign up on Hasura's platform
- Build an open-source app & API using one of Hasura's services
- Launch your app by publishing an article on your Hashnode blog - no blog yet? Set it up here
- Don't forget to add #Hasura and #HasuraHackathon hashtags to your article! This is how we know who's in
- Share your article on social media - be sure to tag @HasuraHQ and @hashnode so we can spread the love!
Hackathon Prizes 🏆
This time around, we've got 5 Grand Prizes and 10 Runner Up Prizes on the line.
✨ 5 Grand Prizes
- 1000 USD
- Hasura Credits worth 1000 USD
- Hashnode T-shirts
- Hashnode Mugs
✨ 10 Runner Up Prizes
- 500 USD
- Hasura Credits worth 500 USD
- Hashnode T-shirts
- Hashnode Mugs
✨ Participation Prizes
Hackathon participation badge for all the participants
Evaluation Criteria 🔍
Projects will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Product Thinking: Usefulness of the project be in a real-world scenario. Completeness of the features implemented.
- UI/UX: The overall look, layout, color usage, and positioning in the application.
- Code: Quality (clean code, proper naming conventions, use of linter); use of best practices.
- Completeness of the article: The blog should cover all aspects of your project. What inspired you to create this project? What problem does the project address? How did you build it?
- Comprehensibility: Try to avoid esoteric jargon in your article. Use simple language to convey your thoughts.
Winners Selection 💬
Winners will be selected by the teams at Hashnode and Hasura at the end of the month.
Results will be announced in the first week of April.
Important Dates and Rules 📅
- Mar 1st, 2022 (00:00 PT): Hackathon begins.
- Mar 31st, 2022 (23:59 PT): Deadline for submissions.
- 2nd Week of April: Winners will be announced.
Need Help? 🙋♀️
We can't wait to see your projects! Good luck. ✌
By participating in this hackathon, you agree to the rules laid out here. Please read them carefully before proceeding. All projects submitted in this hackathon should be open source with MIT or other standard open-source licenses.
Love this Hackathon? Spread the word:
👋 Interested in hosting a hackathon on Hashnode?
Hashnode is one of the fastest-growing tech blogging communities for sharing knowledge on the internet. These Hackathons allow DevTools and API companies to promote their products among a growing community of software developers.
Fill out this form if your company is interested in partnering with Hashnode for a Hackathon.