Table of contents
- About the Hackathon 👩💻👨💻
- How to get started with AWS Amplify
- How to Participate 📄
- More Resources for Building your App with AWS Amplify
- Hackathon Prizes 🎁
- Evaluation Criteria 🔍
- Winners Selection 👀
- Need Help? 🙋♀️
- Spread the word
Did you have a relaxing summer? Did you recharge your batteries? We hope you did because something big is coming! Yes, as you may have read in the title of this article, we have another huge hackathon this September, and it's no other than AWS Amplify!
Read the article's details, think of your dream project, and build it! 🚀
About the Hackathon 👩💻👨💻
Build an open-source app of your choice using AWS Amplify and its products during September. Publish an article on your Hashnode blog about the process of creating and launching your project for a chance to win one of the 15 cash prizes, AWS Amplify credits, and swags!
How to get started with AWS Amplify
- Learn more about Amplify here.
- Join the Amplify community on Discord to ask questions and get help from thousands of developers across the world.
How to Participate 📄
- Build an app using your frontend or mobile library/language of choice.
- Use AWS Amplify Studio to build your app’s frontend or any app’s backend.
- If you build a web app, use AWS Amplify Hosting for deploying your frontend.
- Cost: Free Tier Eligible
- There are no additional charges for using the Amplify Framework (Libraries, CLI, UI Components). You only pay for underlying AWS services. Deploying and hosting are paid but has a generous free tier available to get started. Getting started for free with the AWS Free Usage Tier is easy. Learn more at AWS Amplify Billing and AWS Free Tier.
- Launch your app by publishing an article on your Hashnode blog - no blog yet? Set it up here.
- Tag the article with #AWSAmplify and #AWSAmplifyHackathon hashtags! This is how we track who's in. Note: The tag pages are cached, and your article will be visible in a few hours.
- Share your article on social media and tag @hashnode and @AWSAmplify so the community and we can like, retweet, and spread the love!
More Resources for Building your App with AWS Amplify
- Learn more about AWS Amplify
- Get started with Amplify Studio
- Amplify Framework Documentation
- Build with AWS Amplify Console (Need AWS account)
- Try this Amplify Studio Tutorial to get started
Hackathon Prizes 🎁
✨ 5 Grand Prizes
- 1000 USD
- 200 USD worth of AWS Credits
- AWS Amplify T-shirt
- Hashnode T-shirt
- Hashnode Mug
✨ 10 Runner Up Prizes
- 500 USD
- 100 USD worth of AWS Credits
- Hashnode T-shirt
✨ Participation Prizes
Hackathon participation badge for all the valid participants
Evaluation Criteria 🔍
Projects will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Product Thinking: Usefulness of the project in a real-world scenario. Completeness of the features implemented.
- UI/UX: The overall look, layout, color usage, and positioning in the application.
- Code: Quality (clean code, proper naming conventions, use of linter); use of best practices.
- Completeness of the article: The blog should cover all aspects of your project. What inspired you to create this project? What problem does the project address? How did you build it?
- Comprehensibility: Try to avoid esoteric jargon in your article. Use simple language to convey your thoughts.
A Few Best Practices... 🙌
📹 If possible, share a demo (video format is better) of your final project.
🔐 If possible, share login demo credentials.
📝 Explain in your article why and how you used AWS Amplify.
💡 Don't be afraid to write a lengthier article! It's better to cover all the aspects of your project rather than leave some features outside!
Winners Selection 👀
Winners will be selected by the Hashnode and AWS Amplify teams at the end of the month.
Results will be announced in the third week of October.
Important Dates 📅
- Sep 1st, 2022 (00:00 PT): Hackathon begins.
- Sep 30st, 2022 (23:59 PT): Deadline for submissions.
- 3rd Week of Oct: Winners will be announced.
5 Reasons to Participate 👊
- Learn new skills and challenge yourself.
- Show the community what you're capable of.
- Bring your ideas into reality by powering your apps with AWS.
- Document your journey and struggles, and let others be inspired by you.
- It's on your hands to win up to $1000, AWS credits, and swags.
Testimonials From Past Winners 🧾
Need Help? 🙋♀️
Additionally, you can join Amplify's community on Discord and get help from thousands of developers.
Looking forward to seeing your awesome ideas and projects! ✌
Spread the word
Inform your friends and colleagues about this hackathon. ❤️ it on Twitter.
By participating in this hackathon, you agree to the rules laid out here. Please read them carefully before proceeding. All projects submitted in this hackathon should be open source with MIT or other standard open-source licenses.