August Heats Up With the Auth0 x Hashnode Hackathon!
You could win some serious prize money by building an open-source app with Auth0.
4 min read
Oh I'm sorry, y'all thought we were done hackin' after last month's blow-out?
Yeah right! Get real!
Announcing the Auth0 x Hashnode Hackathon
In the month of August, Hashnode is partnering with none other than Auth0 for a hackathon with some serious prize money on the line.
Who else would pay you freelancer rates for hackathon code?!
We want to see the best you can do, and you could be handsomely rewarded for your efforts.
Build that side project or MVP you've been daydreaming about that involves Auth0, and document your process on your Hashnode blog.
We'll keep tabs on who's in and select the best of the best at the end of the month. Happy hacking!
What is Auth0?
Auth0 is an easy to implement, adaptable authentication and authorization platform. Basically, they make your login box awesome.
Your team and organization can avoid the cost, time, and risk that come with building your own solution to authenticate and authorize users.
Optimize for user experience and privacy. Use social login integrations, lower user friction, incorporate rich user profiling, and facilitate more transactions.
Learn more about Auth0 and sign up for free through this link.
How to Participate
- Sign up for a free Auth0 account through this link.
- Build an open source app with Auth0 using your favorite language/tool/framework.
- Write an article about your app on your Hashnode blog - no blog yet? Set it up here.
- Don't forget to add #Auth0 and #Auth0Hackathon hashtags to your article! This is how we know who's in.
- Share your article on social media - be sure to tag @hashnode and @auth0 so we can spread the love!
Hackathon Prizes 🎁
This time around, we've got 5 Grand Prizes and 10 Runner Up Prizes on the line.
5 Grand Prizes 💵
- $1000 USD via Hashnode Sponsors program, Amazon gift card, or equivalent
- Hashnode T-Shirt
10 Runner Up Prizes 💵
- $500 USD via Hashnode Sponsors program, Amazon gift card, or equivalent
- Hashnode T-Shirt
Everyone who participates will receive a badge for their blog. 🏅
Winners will be selected by the teams at Hashnode and Auth0 at the end of the month.
Results will be announced in the first week of September.
Why You Should Participate 🥳
- It's a fun opportunity to earn the recognition you deserve for your skills!
- Documenting & sharing what you learn is a great way to cement your knowledge.
- You can turn your ideas into reality by powering your apps with Auth0.
- You'll be able to get feedback and help from the developer community.
- Employers looks favorably upon hackathon participants - this is a fantastic way to gain real "experience" if you're lacking on-the-job experience!
Evaluation Criteria 🔍
Projects will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Product Thinking: Usefulness of the project be in a real-world scenario. Completeness of the features implemented.
- UI/UX: The overall look, layout, color usage, and positioning in the application.
- Code: Quality (clean code, proper naming conventions, use of linter); use of best practices.
- Completeness of the article: The blog should cover all aspects of your project. What inspired you to create this project? What problem does the project address? How did you build it?
- Comprehensibility: Try to avoid esoteric jargon in your article. Use simple language to convey your thoughts. Assume your reader is familiar with Auth0 but not necessarily the rest of your stack.
Important Dates and Rules
- August 2nd, 2021 (00:00 PT): Hackathon begins.
- August 31st, 2021 (23:59 PT): Deadline for submissions.
- Early September 2021: Winners will be announced.
- By participating in this hackathon, you agree to the rules laid out here. Please read them carefully before proceeding. All projects submitted in this hackathon should be open source with MIT or other standard open-source licenses.
Join the hackathon channel on Hashnode's Discord server or holler at us on Twitter at @hashnode.
We can't wait to see what you cook up! 🔥
👋 Interested in hosting a hackathon on Hashnode?
Hashnode is one of the fastest-growing tech blogging communities for sharing knowledge on the internet. These Hackathons allow DevTools and API companies to promote their products among a growing community of software developers.
Fill out this form if your company is interested in partnering with Hashnode for a Hackathon.