Earlier this month, we launched the #WomenWhoTech campaign as part of our efforts to showcase and shed light on gender diversity in the tech industry. One of our now permanent efforts has been creating a new writing challenge to encourage sharing your stories, experiences, or achievements as a woman or supporter of women in tech:
In honor of Women's History Month and throughout April 15th, anyone who participates in the challenge will win an official Hashnode t-shirt! 🎉🥳
- Write an article sharing your experience as a woman, non-binary folk, or ally of women in tech. Don't forget to add the #WomenWhoTech hashtag!
- Share your article, earn the #WomenWhoTech badge, and claim your t-shirt!
- The article must be at least 300 words long
- You must include the #WomenWhoTech tag
- The article must be submitted before March 31st, 2022 (Update: April 15th is our new deadline!)
What Can I Write About?
The topics of your article can be, but not limited to, the following:
- My journey into tech
- Ways to close the gender gap
- The women in tech I admire
- Resources for women and non-binary folks
If you're still struggling to come up with a way to structure your article, you can complete and expand on the next prompts:
- What got me into tech was...
- The accomplishment I'm most proud of so far is...
- Some of the challenges I've had to overcome are...
- What companies and organizations need to do to create an inclusive workspace is...
Check Out Current Stories:
Note: Those who contributed to the challenge already are receiving a Hashnode t-shirt as well, we'll be reaching out to all the participants after March 31st.
March 31st Update: Given the high number of entries, we're extending the deadline of the giveaway two more weeks. You may submit your article up until April 15th and will still receive a t-shirt!
Got any questions? Let us know in the comments below or reach out via Twitter.