Announcing HarperDB Hackathon on Hashnode!
3 min read
We are super excited to announce a new hackathon on Hashnode in partnership with HarperDB . 🙌
From June 2nd to June 30th (4 weeks), you are welcome to be a part of a celebration of building and documenting. This is the right time to build the projects that excite you and win amazing prizes while showcasing your potential.
What is HarperDB?
HarperDB is a geo-distributed database that enables speed, performance, and low latency. With SQL on JSON, you no longer have to pick a database based on the structure of your data. HarperDB runs anywhere and ingests any type of data at scale. Accessed via an intuitive REST API, you can perform all CRUD database operations using one single endpoint.
HarperDB provides unmatched flexibility, security, and value for just about every use case, and they do it all with a single installation that can run in the cloud, on-premise, and at the edge.
How to participate 👩💻👨💻
- Build an app using your favorite language/tool/framework.
- Sign up for a powerful free HarperDB instance by visiting this link
- Write an article about your app on your Hashnode blog. If you don't have a Hashnode blog yet, set it up here.
- Add #HarperDBHackathon hashtag to your article.
- Share your article on social media, and tag @hashnode and @harperdbio.
5 Grand Prizes 💵
- $500 USD via Hashnode Sponsors program or Amazon Gift Card or equivalent
- Hashnode T-Shirt
10 Runners Up Prizes 💵
- $250 USD via Hashnode Sponsors program or Amazon Gift Card or equivalent
- Hashnode T-Shirt
Participants (with a valid project)
A participation badge for your blog 🏅
Winners 🦸♀️ 🦸
Winners will be selected by HarperDB and Hashnode team and the result will be announced on 3rd July 2021.
5 Reasons to Participate in the Hashnode + HarperDB Hackathon 👊
- Get visibility for your skills in the developer community.
- Bring your ideas into reality by powering your apps with HarperDB.
- Build your long ago abandoned ideas in a fixed timeline.
- Document & share your journey and struggles as you go.
- Build any kind of application you like, as the hackathon is open track.
Evaluation Criteria 🔍
The projects will be evaluated based on the following criteria -
- Product Thinking: Usefulness of the project be in a real-world scenario. Completeness of the features implemented.
- UI/UX: The overall look, layout, color usage, and positioning in the application.
- Code: Quality(clean code, proper naming conventions linters usage) of code, and use of best practices.
- Completeness of the article: The Blog should cover all aspects of your project. What inspired you to create this project, the problem the project is targeting, and how you made it.
- Comprehensibility: Try to avoid intricate language jargon in your blog. Use simple language to convey your thoughts.
Important Dates 🗓
- June 2nd, 2021 (00:00 PT): Hackathon Begins
- June 30th, 2021 (23:59 PT): Hackathon’s deadline for submission
July 3rd, 2021July 6th, 2021: Winners of the hackathon will be announced.
We are looking forward to seeing what you will build. 🔥
Join the hackathon channel on our Discord server or tweet to us (@hashnode).
By participating in this hackathon, you agree to accept Hashnode Hackathon rules. Please read them carefully before proceeding. All the projects submitted in this hackathon should be open source with MIT or other standard open-source licenses.
👋 Interested in hosting a hackathon on Hashnode?
Hashnode is one of the fastest-growing tech blogging communities for sharing knowledge on the internet. These Hackathons allow DevTools and API companies to promote their products among a growing community of software developers.
Fill out this form if your company is interested in partnering with Hashnode for a Hackathon.