A New Hackathon? The Clerk and Hashnode Hackathon!
Announcing the latest Clerk x Hashnode Hackathon
4 min read
Who is excited about another Hackathon? We certainly are! 🥳
We are super excited to announce a new hackathon on Hashnode in partnership with Clerk. 🙌
From July 2nd to July 30th (4 weeks), you are welcome to be a part of a celebration of building and documenting. This is the right time to build the projects that excite you and win amazing prizes while showcasing your potential.
What is Clerk?
With Clerk, you can add beautiful, high-conversion Sign Up and Sign In forms to your React application in minutes. After signing in, Clerk empowers your users to take control of their account security with multi-factor authentication and device management. If you've ever found yourself thinking, "there's got to be a better way to build auth" - Clerk was built with you in mind.
It truly only takes minutes to add best-in-class authentication experiences to your application - and Clerk's team is constantly working behind-the-scenes to make them even better.
How to participate 💻
- Build any open source app using your favourite language/tool/framework.
- Sign up for a free Clerk "Starter" plan by visiting this link.
- Write an article about your app on your Hashnode blog. If you don't have a Hashnode blog yet, set it up here.
- Add #ClerkDev and #ClerkHackathon hashtag to your article. It's important you add both tags.
- Share your article on social media, and tag @hashnode and @ClerkDev.
Hackathon Prizes 🎁
There are 5 grand prizes and 10 runners up prizes.
5 Grand Prizes 💵
- $500 USD via Hashnode Sponsors program or Amazon Gift Card or equivalent
- 1 year free of Clerk "Professional" plan for up to 20k MAU, valued at over $1000
- Hashnode T-Shirt
10 Runners Up Prizes 💵
- $250 USD via Hashnode Sponsors program or Amazon Gift Card or equivalent
- Hashnode T-Shirt
Participants (with a valid project)
A participation badge for your blog 🏅
Winners will be selected by Clerk and Hashnode teams.
The results are announced on the 6th of August 2021.
5 Reasons to Participate in the hackathon 🥳
- Get visibility for your skills in the developer community.
- Bring your ideas into reality by powering your apps with Clerk authentication.
- Build your long ago abandoned ideas in a fixed timeline.
- Document & share your journey and struggles as you go.
- Build any kind of application you like, as the hackathon is open track.
Evaluation Criteria 🔍
The projects will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Product Thinking: Usefulness of the project be in a real-world scenario. Completeness of the features implemented.
- UI/UX: The overall look, layout, color usage, and positioning in the application.
- Code: Quality(clean code, proper naming conventions linters usage) of code, and use of best practices.
- Completeness of the article: The blog should cover all aspects of your project. What inspired you to create this project, the problem the project is targeting, and how you made it.
- Comprehensibility: Try to avoid intricate language jargon in your blog. Use simple language to convey your thoughts.
Important Dates 🗓 and Rules 📃
- July 2nd, 2021 (00:00 PT): Hackathon Begins
- July 30th, 2021 (23:59 PT): Hackathon’s deadline for submission
- August 3rd, 2021: Winners of the hackathon will be announced.
By participating in this hackathon, you agree to accept Hashnode Hackathon rules. Please read them carefully before proceeding. All the projects submitted in this hackathon should be open source with MIT or other standard open-source licenses.
We are looking forward to seeing what you will build. 🔥
Join the hackathon channel on Hashnode's Discord server, Clerk's Discord Server or tweet to (@Hashnode).
👋 Interested in hosting a hackathon on Hashnode?
Hashnode is one of the fastest-growing tech blogging communities for sharing knowledge on the internet. These Hackathons allow DevTools and API companies to promote their products among a growing community of software developers.
Fill out this form if your company is interested in partnering with Hashnode for a Hackathon.